I hope you had a brilliant Christmas and had a well deserved rest after all the hard work you did last term!
This half term we have lots more learning to do and an exciting visit from a dentist!
In English we will be reading ‘Mythologica’, ‘Beowulf’ and ‘Percy Jackson and the Lightning Theif’. We will use our reading and learning to inform our final outcomes of a fact-file about our own creature, a “How to Catch…” guide, and our own retelling of the legend of Beowulf.
In Maths, we will continue with multiplication and division skills. We will use then these skills when we learn about fractions. Following fractions, we will be learning about shapes, angles and perimeter. Finally, we will use our addition and subtraction skills.
In Science we will be learning about humans and animals, focusing on the digestive system.
The key ideas we will be learning about are:
• identify the different types of teeth in humans and their simple functions
• describe the simple functions of the basic parts of the digestive system in humans
• using straightforward scientific evidence to answer questions or to support their findings
• construct and interpret a variety of food chains, identifying producers, predators and prey
• reporting on findings from enquiries, including oral and written explanations, displays or presentations of results and conclusions
Our topic for Spring 1 is Myths and Legends! We will be finding out about Myths, Legends and Monsters from all around the world. In history we will learn about myths from around the world, and some from England. In art we will be making prints and collages based on ancient beasts and gods .
Our PE days are Monday and Thursday. Please make sure you have a kit and shoes in school that are suitable for outdoor sessions.
If you have got any questions feel free to ask me at the start or end of the day, or on Class Dojo.
links – Bitesize/ USA Facts / Maths & English games / Times Tables games / Times Tables Grid games / Newsround