Welcome back to the last half term of Year 5!
I have been really impressed with all your hard work so far this year, so keep it up! 🙂
We have got a busy term coming up, so I hope you’re ready!
Our focus text this half term is ‘There’s a Boy in the Girls’ Bathroom’, a book by Louis Sachar about a boy called Bradley who doesn’t like school and has no friends. The school bring in a counselor and the book explores Bradley’s development through his meetings with her. It is a very interesting, but also a bit weird, book! I think you’ll love it!
In Maths we will start learning some skills ready for Year 6 as well as recapping lots of Year 5 work. We will carry on doing our weekly arithmetic tests, so please remember to practice addition, subtraction, division and multiplication strategies.
Reading – There’s a Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom
Science – Materials
Geography – Local Geography
History – Local History
Art – Sketching and model making
RE – Islam – Hajj & Zakat
Computing –Website Design
PE – Athletics and Invasion Games
– Reading diaries will be checked daily, remember to record ANY independent reading that you do!
– Three pieces of homework are due throughout the six weeks.
– Spellings and Times Tables will be set as homework weekly – Please complete and return by Friday or it will be completed at LUNCH OR IN GOLDEN TIME.
– Please all bring in full PE kits for PE days, we may be outside so bring in long trousers and jumpers, as well as appropriate footwear.
– PE days MONDAY and THURSDAY
– School trips and School events– 21.6.19 – Cowplain Partnership Day; 24.6.19 – Cake Sale; 3.7.19 – Transition Day, Local Walking Trip; 4.7.19 – Sports Day; 5.7.19 – Beach Reward Trip; 17.7.19 – HTC Technology Day.